in this Section
Residents of Sint Maarten
Residents of St. Maarten with the Dutch nationality can apply for a national passport at the Civil Registry Department of Sint Maarten (Census Office), Soualiga Road 6, Pondfill Philipsburg.
Non-residents of Sint Maarten
Non-residents who have the Dutch nationality can apply for a national passport at the Consular section of the Cabinet of the Governor. Only people who are not registered in the administration of St. Maarten can apply for a national passport at the Consular section of the Cabinet of the Governor.
You must personally apply for your passport and personally collect it. When applying you must submit the following:
- Current passport (can still be valid for a maximum of 6 months) and all other travel documents. In case it has been lost or stolen you must have the police report.
- Two recent passport pictures based on the valid acceptance criteria for Dutch passports
- A proof of non-residency ( to be obtained at the Census office)
- A fully completed passport application form
The fee: National Passport persons until 18 years: 124 NAF
National Passport persons 18 years or older: 150 NAF
• Permission from (both) parent(s) (or the legal guardian(s));
• Valid proof of identity from (both) parent(s) (or the legal guardian(s));
• Birth certificate of minor with apostille/legalisation;
• Acknowledgement certificate of minor with apostille/legalisation (if applicable);
• Fee 2017: NAF. 124 (cash in Antillean Guilders only or pin with Maestro bank card)
To apply for a passport you can visit the Consular Affairs department of the Cabinet of the Governor during office hours from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM. For more information you can contact the Consular Affairs department during telephone consultation from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM on the number (001-721) 542-1199.